Welcome to the Bristol French Circle!
- The Bristol French Circle is for all those who enjoy speaking and listening to French.
- Founded in 1905, the Circle is affiliated to the Alliance Franšaise which provides us with financial support.
- We meet at BAWA on alternate Thursdays from October to May each year. Our programme is very varied and we have French speakers on a wide range of subjects, informal conversation evenings, a literary discussion and an evening of poetry and music, Morceaux Choisis.
- Outside the programme, we organise dinners in French restaurants in Bristol and trips to see French films.
- The main event of each evening starts at 8pm, with the announcement of information about the weeks to come at about 7.55pm, but at 7pm before most sessions there is a 'petit cours' looking at French pronunciation and idioms, and points of grammar that members want to study.
- Do have a look at the 'Why join?' tab to see members' comments about the Circle – and come and join us if you enjoy this lovely language! Our FAQ (Frequently asked questions) may help you too.